So I’ve had this blog a bit over a year now, and I’m moving shop. I’ll still be blogging, but you won’t be seeing much of me on here (at least for now). But if you still want to keep up with my exciting life, you can check out the new blog I just created with my best friend here. It’ll be a little different, and yet just the same. Hope to talk to you soon!
Finally Ed Sheeran has blessed us with new music! I am a huge fan of his so needless to say I’ve been very excited about this new album. I’ve also been listening to it nonstop, and I honestly don’t know if i can choose a favorite song. If you haven’t heard his new album, please go listen to it. It’s amazing. I cannot rant about it enough. I’ve gotten to the point where I already know all the words and it’s only been out for two days…
Picking a favorite track on this album is like trying to choose your favorite child, it’s nearly impossible. I love the song “Perfect” and “Supermarket Flowers” and “Galway Girl” and “Dive”, but honestly, this entire album is full of great songs. It’s still the Ed Sheeran that we know and love but improved.
So go listen, and let me know which song is your favorite. Talk to you soon!
I am constantly on Pinterest scrolling through and seeing these amazing hairstyles that I wish I could somehow coerce my hair to cooperate into. After a lot of practice, sometimes I’m able to get it to at least attempt to look like the picture. Nonetheless, I will continue to try to perfect these hairstyles (and also figure out how to achieve that effortlessly messy look). I decided to round up some of my favorites which aren’t super complicated but still gorgeous in case you are in need of a little inspiration.
Processed with VSCOcam with acg preset
(If you can’t tell, I’m obsessed with braids and there’s so much you can do with them)
So get playing with your hair, and please share some pics with me of your favorite hairstyles!
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! I’ve never been someone huge into gifts, instead I like more sentimental things and spending time with the people I love. Whether you’re worried about being forever alone or you’ve been with your high school sweetheart for years, embrace the day of love on the 14th.
If you’re hanging out with friends:
Plan a girls night out! Go have fun with some drinks and dancing, or you guys can go out bowling or laser tag. Just do something that everyone will enjoy and have fun together.
Have brunch! There’s just something very appealing about eating brunch with your friends as you catch up and enjoy each other’s company.
If you’re spending the day with your significant other:
Have dinner and a movie! Whether you’re going out or staying in, a meal with some entertainment is never a bad idea. One of you can cook for the other, or you can take the opportunity to have some fun and cook together.
Build a fort! Don’t tell me forts aren’t romantic or that they’re “childish”. Have fun with it, make it extravagant! Make it the best fort you have ever made. Have a picnic in it. Watch some movies. Play some games. Forts are cozy and romantic and I can’t be convinced otherwise.
If you’re going to be alone:
Have a pamper night! Treat yourself to some time spent relaxing and enjoying the quiet.
Have me time in general! Go watch your favorite TV show or take yourself to the movies. Play some music or read a book and just spend time enjoying being by yourself. You are your first priority, and you can only really love someone else after you’ve learned to love yourself.
Don’t forget to show the people around you, how much they mean to you and spread a little love wherever you go. Happy Valentine’s Day, lovelies!
Are you looking for what you should binge next? I’ve done my fair share of binge-watching an entire series before, and I have some favorites. Some of these are shows that just started; others has been complete for years, but I love each of them.
- Riverdale: This show is only on episode 3 but I already really enjoy it. It deals with solving a murder in a small town while also dealing with high school dificulities and emotions. It’s based on the Archie comics, and it reminds me a bit about Gossip Girl.
- Black Mirror: I still have quite a bit of catching up to do but, this show is amazing. Each episode deals with a different story, none of them being related, and it deals with various concepts of human flaws. It has a bit of a modern Twilight Zone feel to it.
- Teen Wolf: I have been obsessed with this show since it began in 2011. I still remember binge-watching the first half of the first season in order to be caught up to date. This show will always be one of my favorites, and I’m so sad that it’s on it’s last season. There’s only 10 more episodes left, and it’s gonna be hard to let go. This is all about the supernatural with some drama and comedy and romance, and I recommend it to just about everyone (maybe I’m just biased).
- Stranger Things: The first season was so good, and I’m really looking forward to the next season. It’s definitely a little bit of thriller, so be prepared for some suspense and monsters.
- Gossip Girl: This show is so good! The drama and suspense in it is amazing, and I love the characters. They’re complex, and the storyline is complex. Throughout the show, you (as the viewer) are trying to figure out who gossip girl is, and the ending took me by surprise.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Another of my favorite series ever! This show is amazing and I love all the twists and turns it took me through. The supernatural and dark aspects of the show are so interesting. (The movie for this is also pretty good!)
- Hart of Dixie: Sometimes, I feel like I was meant to be a southern belle. This show is amazing, and I love the drama and the sweet small-town vibes. My only complaint is how quickly it ended, but I still enjoyed the series.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: I seriously need to catch up on this show because the first season was fantastic. It’s basically a musical comedy about a girl who leaves her big city job to move to California and chase after a boy, but she will specifically tell you she didn’t move to chase after a boy. It’s feel-good funny, and I love the songs.
- Parks and Rec: This is great if you’re looking for a show that’s just fun and carefree. It has an Office vibe, while dealing with “political” issues, that being, they’re trying to build a park. It’s laugh-out-loud funny and great entertainment.
- American Horror Story: For me, the first season was the epitome of this series. I still enjoyed other seasons of it, but the writing and storyline of the first season was fantastic.
What are your favorite TV shows? Let me know if you’ve seen any of these shows as well!
I love smoothies. It’s a fact. Whether I have them for a quick snack or meal, I definitely enjoy every sip. Sometimes, it can be a little daunting to figure out exactly how to make a tasty smoothie. And I can promise you, I’ve made a few that didn’t turn out quite right. But, over time, I’ve gotten much better with creating new concoctions, and there’s always certain classics you know you love. So I put together a quick little guide to help you out. All you need to do is choose one or two from each category and blend it until smooth, and voila, a smoothie!
Choose a Base:
Water, Milk (of various types, I tend to use almond milk), Coconut Water, or Juice
Choose Fruits and Veggies:
My favorites include- Mixed Berries, Banana, Spinach, and Mango- but there’s so many fruit combinations and vegetables to choose from
Something to Thicken it:
Nut Butter, Ice Cubes, Yogurt (plain or blended works best), Chia Seeds, or Oats
Something to Flavor it:
Honey, Sugar (pure cane granulated is good), Cocoa Powder, Mint, or Lemon/Lime Juice
My Favorite Combinations:
- Almond Milk, Banana, Peanut Butter, and Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Water, Spinach, Pineapple, and Lemon Juice
- Coconut Water, Ice Cubes, Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, and Lemon Juice
I’m back! It’s been awhile, but after taking some time away, I’m more ready than ever to be active on here (and I hope you guys are excited too)!
I love quotes and poems and just words in general, so I thought it’s only fitting to share some of my favorite quotes for when I’m needing some motivation.
- “Be messy and complicated and afraid and show up anyways.” –Glennon Doyle Melton
- “There’s no such thing as being completely ready. You’re never going to feel like you’ve got everything sorted and all figured out. If you get to the place where you get to the place where you’re just a little bit more excited than afraid, that’s when you go for it. That’s when you go all in. to hell with playing it safe.” – the Better Man Project
- “Once upon a time you were a little girl with big dreams that you promised you’d make real one day. Don’t disappoint yourself.”
- “It’s okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” –Colette Warden
- “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” – JK Rowling
- “Anyone who takes the time to be kind is beautiful.” –Richelle E Goodrich
- “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” –Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
- “We are all broken, that’s how the light gets in.” –Ernest Hemingway
- “Never stop looking up.”
- “Spread love everywhere you go let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” –Mother Teresa
- “Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.”
- “Speak your mind even if your voice shakes.”
- “Be the energy you want to attract.”
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.”
- “Still, I rise.” –Maya Angelou
- “Fearlessly be yourself.” –Anthony Rapp
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” –Martin Luther King
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” –H Jackson Brown Jr
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m Possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
What are some of your favorite quotes?
It’s now the last day of the year. Another year has come and gone, and it’s time to look back at how the year went. It’s been quite a whirlwind of emotions and events. I’ve worked hard on this blog, completed a semester of college, made great memories, and had a successful year. Although I don’t believe you need a new year to make changes in your life, I like to set goals of things I want to accomplish.
Goals for the future:
One of my main goals I want to accomplish in 2017, is to publish a book. I have a complete book and I’m working on another. But now, it’s time to start publishing. Which means I have to look into how to publish and all that jazz.
Obviously, I want to continue with creating blog posts, and if you guys ever have any suggestions, let me know! I also want to start making videos about basically random things like book reviews, fun challenges with friends, lookbooks, and more.
Health is important as always. I adore fitness, and I just want to continue to improve my health. My greatest weakness has always been my eating habits, so I just want to continue on improving them and develop healthy lifestyles that I will continue for the rest of my life. I also want to try some new workouts, and maybe attend some fitness classes at school.
Lastly, of course I want to do well in school. This includes learning and grades and being successful in that aspect. But also, I want to have good experiences with friends and get involved in clubs.
My goals for the future aren’t things that I would consider “New Year Resolutions”, but they are things that I want to work towards this upcoming year. It’s important to set goals for yourself and have things to work towards, so I would love to know what you hope on accomplishing in 2017!
It’s the last day of Blogmas, and it’s a bit of a bitter sweet goodbye. This month has whizzed by, and I can’t believe we’re almost done with the year as well. It was definitely a little more of a challenge than I had thought to be able to blog everyday, but we made it through. This month has helped me fall more in love with blogging, and while I won’t be able to continue doing it every single day, perhaps I’ll try to post more than once a week.
I hope you are having a lovely time with your friends, family, and everyone else, and enjoy the rest of the holiday season. Next time you hear from me, I’ll be chatting with you about New Years. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
It’s finally Christmas Eve, and things are still crazy around here with things to do. We’ve made it a bit of a tradition of ours to go to mass on Christmas eve so that way we have Christmas morning to spend together before we head off to see my dad’s family. Another tradition of ours has always been to spend the day of Christmas eve to see my mom’s side of the family. In the past we used to watch a movie together before we hurried off to bed, waiting for Santa to arrive. We also made sure to track his movements on Norad Track Santa which should be going on right now. Basically, Christmas in my family has always been about spending time together and just enjoying the holiday despite the hustle and bustle of the season. It was a time to take a break and pause, enjoying the life that we are given.
I hope you have taken the time this season to spend with your family and loved ones, and I hope you enjoy this night in good company.